Even amid the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting recession, the world’s 50 largest pharmaceutical companies still saw a whopping $851 billion in sales in 2020, according to an analysis of financials by Drug Discovery & Development.
Our editorial team gathered the most recent data on annual revenue, R&D spend, employee numbers, leadership and more. The pharma giants can be found in a diverse group of countries, including the U.S., China, European Union, Japan, India, U.K. and more.
Be sure to check out our related features as they become available, including:
- Here’s how the world’s largest pharma companies are doing
- Pharma’s top 20 R&D spenders in 2020
- 50 of 2020’s best-selling pharmaceuticals
- 25 promising pipeline drugs
- The 10 best pharma companies to work for
And click through the listings and learn essential information about the companies powering the global pharmaceutical industry: