Academics and industry leaders will showcase innovative ideas on the next groundbreaking technologies in the life sciences at the 2008 BIO International Convention’s Innovation Corridor poster sessions. Hosted by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), the global event for biotechnology will take place June 17-20 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif.
The Innovation Corridor will play host to presentations representing many different aspects of biotechnology and the life sciences including bioengineering, biologics, cancer, diagnostics, genomics, infectious disease, reproductive health, and stem cells.
“Participants in the Innovation Corridor represent the future of our industry,” said BIO President and CEO Jim Greenwood. “The ideas and concepts represented in their presentations will play an important role in the next generation of biotech therapies and applications
Innovation Corridor Poster Session winners will present their findings over the course of the convention. Winning presentations include:
- Device to Prevent Contrast-Induced Kidney Failure presented by Paul Petrovich, University of Pittsburgh
- Expanding Organ Donor Pool by “Ex Vivo Repair” with a Novel siRNA-Containing Organ Storage Solution presented by Wei-Ping Min, Lawson Health Research Institute
- Click Chemistry: The Reach of a Few Good Reactions, presented by Valery Fokin, The Scripps Research Institute
- Bacteriophage Amplification Technology: a platform for development of rapid antibiotic susceptibility tests, presented by Drew Smith, MicroPhage, Inc.
- Rapid Diagnostic for CNS Ischemia due to Stroke, TIA, and TBI, presented by Allan Goldberg, Lesanne Life Sciences, LLC
Filed Under: Drug Discovery