Bruker launched the newest member in the successful FLEX series of MALDI-TOF mass spectrometers, the autoflex speed. The autoflex speed delivers superior performance by incorporating numerous innovative technology advancements which provide further enhanced data quality, acquisition speed, class-leading mass and dynamic range, and general robust and efficient performance.
The autoflex speed utilizes a 1 kHz smartbeam-II laser, wide mass range resolving power of up to 26,000 using PAN technology, a novel FlashDetector system, and a 4 Gs/s digitizer to enable class-leading performance for challenging applications.
The new FAST-SRM mode also provides the autoflex speed with single reaction monitoring capabilities to enhance results for drug imaging in tissues on a MALDI platform. Finally, the autoflex speed achieves the full potential of Edmass top-down, intact protein sequencing for long sequence readouts including incorporation of Bruker’s patented T³-Sequencing technology.
System configurations can be optimized for a number of different analytical operations and environments utilizing both TOF and TOF/TOF modes for a variety of proteomics, imaging, polymer and small molecule applications.
By leveraging Bruker’s long-standing expertise in high-performance MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry the autoflex speed is designed to dramatically enhance the productivity of laboratories involved in protein sequencing, biomarker discovery, polymer analysis, lipid and glycan analysis, molecular imaging, drug and metabolite tissue distribution, as well as high-throughput MALDI Biotyper microbiological molecular identification. The autoflex speed complements Bruker’s ultimate performance MALDI-TOF/TOF system, the ultrafleXtreme.
The autoflex speed incorporates a number of key features which enhance its capabilities and value including:
* Enhanced Speed with a 1 kHz (kiloHertz) proprietary smartbeam-II solid-state laser and electronics for high throughput applications including LC-MALDI, MALDI Imaging, and high-throughput microbiology ID,
* Unique FAST-SRM mode provides single reaction monitoring capabilities for imaging of drugs and metabolites in tissue,
* Expanded High-Resolution Mass Range for analysis of polymers and Edmass top-down, intact protein sequencing for long sequence readouts,
* FlashDetector technology to increase resolution and prevent signal saturation for complex samples,
* MALDI Perpetual Self-cleaning Ion Source cleans the instrument source in minutes to improve system up-time and with minimal operator maintenance,
* Optimized Software packages for numerous applications e.g. Protein-, Peptide-, Polymer-Analyses, and MALDI Imaging, clinical research methods and the MALDI Biotyper IVD-CE workflow;
Dr. Ian Sanders, Executive Vice President at Bruker Daltonics, commented: “The new autoflex speed delivers outstanding and robust performance in a very accessible and cost effective platform. This platform can significantly increase the capabilities and effectiveness of analytical groups, particularly those working in biotherapeutics, as well as for basic proteomics and biomarker discovery research. The autoflex speed enhances the reach and capabilities of MALDI-TOF and TOF/TOF, and makes innovative technology readily available and accessible – also for non mass spec experts.”
Filed Under: Drug Discovery